Luxury Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers
Luxury or upscale drug and alcohol treatment facilities are residential programs that offer posh settings and additional amenities that standard inpatient centers do not. These rehab facilities may be beneficial for those who prefer a desirable and comfortable location that more closely resembles a resort or upscale hotel.
Besides offering a number of recreational activities, holistic approaches, and complementary treatments – luxury rehab centers also provide the patient with access to a high level of medical and psychiatric care necessary to achieve and maintain sobriety.
What Is Luxury Rehab?
Luxury rehabilitation facility is an upscale residential recovery program that offers high quality addiction treatment just as standard substance abuse rehabs do. But these luxury facilities may additionally offer vacation destinations, luxe settings, high-end amenities, posh settings, and holistic treatment options that go beyond those of standard addiction treatment services.
Luxury rehabs are not to be confused with celebrity rehabs. Although luxury rehabs are upscale and more expensive than standard rehabilitation – luxury recovery programs are not limited to treating famous people.
Overview of Luxury Amenities
Luxury treatment centers tend to have high staff-to-patient ratios so that patients may receive the one-on-one attention and care necessary to achieve and maintain sobriety.
One important part of addiction recovery is feeling comfortable with the staff, therapeutic services, and surroundings – and many people find that luxury rehab settings and amenities are most agreeable for their successful recovery. Below are some examples of common amenities that luxury rehabs offer:
- Gourmet meals.
- Private rooms.
- Horseback riding.
- Art therapy.
- Massage therapy.
- Fitness programs.
- Nutritional counseling.
- Maid services.
- Sun rooms.
Yoga is a type of exercise that promotes wellness by enhancing the spiritual, emotional, and physical self. It is often used as a form of treatment at luxury drug and alcohol rehab centers. While yoga is not a primary therapeutic intervention, it is a complementary practice used in conjunction with mainstream therapies. Yoga benefits those recovering from an addiction to drugs or alcohol by teaching them to relax without the assistance of a mind-altering substance.
Research has revealed that yoga targets vital processes involved in addiction and relapse. Practicing yoga can achieve the following benefits1,2:
- Improved sleep.
- Enhanced physical health.
- Decreased stress, depression, pain, and anxiety.
- Improved quality of life.
All of these benefits from yoga can play important roles in relapse prevention.<
Drug and alcohol abuse can lead to nutritional deficiencies, organ damage, and digestive problems.
Since individuals suffering from a substance addiction don’t often make nutrition a priority, malnourishment and unhealthy eating habits can become common.
Some substances – such as alcohol – interfere with your body’s ability to absorb nutrients. Other drugs may suppress your appetite, leading to significant weight loss.
Many upscale treatment facilities will provide their patients with gourmet meals prepared by experienced chefs. These meals are not only delicious – but they also provide patients with individualized menus, as well as a balanced diet essential to health and addiction recovery.
Some benefits of proper nutrition include the following3:
- Improves mood.
- Enhances immune defenses.
- Repairs organ and tissue damage.
- Increases energy.
- Helps prevent depression- and fatigue-induced relapse.
Luxury treatment programs may also have a nutritional counselor on staff who can provide you with education and resources related to diet and nutrition. Once you complete your recovery program, you will be able to continue the healthy eating habits you began in rehab.
Horseback riding – otherwise known as equine therapy, within the context of treatment – is another complementary therapy that aids in emotional growth and empowerment. Patients care for the horses and build trusting relationships with them.
Research has, in fact, indicated that feeding and grooming the horses provides the individuals in recovery with4:
- Improved confidence.
- Self-efficacy and pride.
- Healthy communication skills.
- Social skills.
- Anxiety reduction.
- Emotional regulation.
- Impulse control.
- Creative freedom.
- Spiritual growth.
Each luxury treatment program is different, however – and not every program may offer equine therapy. But many programs do. If equine therapy is something that’s important to you, make sure to inquire about the services offered by the particular upscale recovery center you are considering.
Art therapy is a common holistic approach to addiction recovery that focuses on self-expression via different mediums, including:
- Collage art.
The goal of art therapy is to reveal underlying processes related to the development of a substance addiction. The art therapist will examine the patient’s behaviors, thoughts, and feelings throughout the creative process. The therapist will also interpret the patient’s final piece of artwork.
It’s vital that the therapist and patient both remain open-minded while interpreting the artistic production, as the process is meant to be collaborative and revealing.5 Below are some of the benefits patients experience when participating in art therapy6:
- Increases self-awareness.
- Improves self-esteem.
- Decreases stress and anxiety.
- Repairs emotional damage.
- Improves overall wellbeing.
- Provides empowerment.
- Sharpens mental clarity.
Patients without previous artistic experience shouldn’t be deterred or hesitant about participating in art therapy. Artistic talent or skill isn’t necessary in order for this form of treatment to be therapeutic and beneficial for those suffering from an addiction to drugs or alcohol.
Studies have revealed that people who exercise are less likely to abuse drugs or alcohol.7 Swimming, in particular, can provide many different benefits for patients recovering from a substance addiction:
- It’s a low-impact, low-risk exercise.
- It can enhance physical fitness, health, and overall wellbeing.
- It can provide relief from swelling or pain.
Luxury rehab centers often have physical trainers and recreational therapists on staff to provide patients with one-on-one attention. For patients in recovery, swimming can help patients achieve sobriety and prevent relapse through the following benefits9:
- Boosts cardiovascular endurance.
- Builds strength.
- Releases endorphins.
- Heal damage inflicted by addiction.
- Alleviates cravings.
- Improves health and wellbeing.
- Increases confidence.
- Relieves stress.
- Improves body image.
- Increases quality of life.
- Increases energy levels.
Creating a habit of swimming during rehab can create positive patterns of exercise that may continue beyond completion of the luxury treatment program. Swimming – as well as other forms of exercise – can be a beneficial long-term strategy to battle drug or alcohol addiction and reduce the risk of relapse.
Massage therapy is a beneficial complementary treatment modality that helps provide pain relief. Individuals who may particularly benefit include those with addictions to prescription opioids due to chronic pain. Additionally, anyone experiencing unpleasant withdrawal symptoms during the addiction rehabilitation process may also benefit from massage therapy. These unpleasant withdrawal symptoms may include:
- Muscle and joint pain.
Professional massage therapists are often staffed at various upscale rehab facilities and provide patients with a comfortable and healing environment while fostering the following benefits9:
- Relieves muscle tension.
- Improves circulation.
- Increases energy.
- Reduces pain.
- Boosts immunity.
- Decreases depression.
- Relieves anxiety.
- Improves sleep patterns.
- Decreases anger and aggression.
When included in a comprehensive and individualized treatment program, massage therapy can promote healing, happiness, and sober behaviors.
As previously mentioned, exercise can be very useful for those recovering from an addiction to alcohol or drugs. Depending on the substance addiction, some people in recovery have a diminished ability to feel pleasure – a condition known as “anhedonia.” This condition may sometimes contribute to an individual’s tendencies to relapse.10
Physical activity serves as an aid in the recovery process by:
- Elevating your mood during substance addiction recovery.
- Healing the harm done as a result of chronic drug or alcohol abuse.
Many luxury treatment centers employ fitness trainers who can design individualized exercise programs that cater to your personal needs, interests, and fitness level. Upscale recovery programs often have an array of exercise facilities and opportunities, including:
- Weight rooms.
- Yoga and Pilates studios.
- Swimming pools.
- Tennis and basketball courts.
- Hiking trails.
- Canoe access.
- Paddle boarding.
Personal trainers usually work closely with nutritionists or dieticians to create an integrated program centered around health and healing.
Regardless of fitness level and exercise experience, there is something for everyone. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t enjoy a certain exercise or activity. It’s important that you communicate with your trainer about how you’re feeling so that he or she can adjust your program accordingly.
People recovering from a substance addiction may have trouble learning to relax without the aid of drugs or alcohol. That’s why luxury recovery centers often utilize sauna treatments in conjunction with therapy and counseling. Saunas can provide patients with the following benefits11:
- Improves blood circulation.
- Increases muscle flexibility.
- Relieves stress.
- Eliminates toxins.
- Increases metabolism.
- Provides relief from depression and anxiety.
- Improves mental clarity.
- Lowers risk of:
- Sudden cardiac death.
- Fatal coronary heart disease.
- Fatal strokes.
Chronic drug and alcohol abuse leads to a build-up of toxins in the body. Sauna therapy allows the body to detoxify from these harmful substances and additionally provides the patient with many other mental and physical health benefits.
Choosing a Luxury Rehab over Standard Rehab Facilities for Addiction Recovery
There are many different types of addiction recovery programs to choose from. What works for one person might not work for another. While luxury or upscale treatment centers are not necessarily considered better or more effective than other rehab programs, some people may prefer luxury addiction treatment for the following reasons:
- Beautiful and desirable setting: Many upscale centers are located on exotic beaches or on a secluded countryside.
- Comfort: Some people find that they are able to get the most out of their addiction treatment services when they feel comfortable in a resort-like atmosphere with extra amenities and private rooms.
- Activities: It may be a priority to some patients to have the option of participating in recreational activities while recovering from a substance addiction.
- One-on-one attention: Upscale treatment centers tend to have high staff-to-patient ratios, which creates an ideal context for individualized care.
- Holistic options: Luxury rehabs will often offer holistic approaches to be used in combination with more standard forms of treatment that usually include therapy, counseling, and pharmacological treatment.
What About Treating the Addiction?
In addition to high-end amenities and posh settings, luxury treatment centers also provide solid addiction treatment. When looking for the best upscale rehab, you will want to make sure the program offers the following services:
- Detoxification: Depending on the substance, withdrawal symptoms can be unpleasant and even fatal. It’s important that the luxury treatment center offers access to comprehensive medical care to help ease the symptoms while the body detoxifies.
- Individual therapy: A certified therapist will meet with you one-on-one and use a number of therapeutic approaches to change problematic thought patterns and behaviors and develop coping skills.
- Group counseling: A mental health professional will facilitate a group counseling session focused on fostering growth through interpersonal connection.
- Medical maintenance: If necessary and applicable, you may be prescribed a medication to help curb cravings, decrease using behaviors, and prevent relapse.
- Aftercare: Your treatment team will devise an individualized aftercare plan for you to continue ongoing treatment once your recovery program has been completed. Aftercare may include:
Learn More and Find a Luxury Treatment Program
If you or someone you know is suffering from an addiction to drugs or alcohol, help is available around the clock. Call our helpline at 1-888-744-0789 Who Answers? to speak to a treatment support specialist to learn more or to find a luxury treatment program that meets your needs and circumstances.
Check Your Insurance for Rehab Coverage
How To Pay and Insurance Coverage+
Rehab Insurance Coverage
Alcohol Rehab Insurance
How to Pay For Rehab
Rehab Without Insurance
Alcohol Rehab Insurance
State Funded Rehab
Free Alcohol Rehab
Cost of Rehab Treatment
Government Funded Rehab
Rehab Facilities and Programs+
Luxury Rehab Centers
24/7 Inpatient Rehab
Private Rehab Centers
Sober Living Homes Near Me
Alcohol Detox Center
Drug Detox Center
12 Step Program
12 Step Drug Rehab
Non 12 Step Rehab Centers
Rehabs with Fitness and Exercise
Group Therapy for Substance Abuse
Recovery Programs by Substance Type+
Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient Cocaine Rehab
Inpatient Crystal Meth Rehab
Inpatient Heroin Rehab
Inpatient Marijuana Rehab
Inpatient Vicodin Rehab
Inpatient Oxycontin Rehab
Inpatient Naltrexone Rehab
Inpatient Suboxone Rehab
Addiction Treatment for Individual Needs+
Rehab for Men
Rehab for Women
Rehab for Husband or Wife
Rehabilitation Center for Disabled
Rehab for College Students
Elderly Substance Abuse Treatment
Gay and Lesbian Rehab Treatment
Non Religious Rehab
Military Alcohol Rehab
Rehab for Navy
Rehab for Veterans
Support Groups and Organizations+
Crystal Meth Anonymous
Pagans in Recovery
Secular Organizations for Sobriety
Lifering Secular Recovery
Women for Sobriety
Salvation Army Rehab Center
Holistic Addiction Treatment+
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Facilities+
- Khanna, S., Greeson, J. M. (2013). A narrative review of yoga and mindfulness as complementary therapies for addiction. Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 21(3), 244-252.
- Woodyard, C. (2011). Exploring the therapeutic effects of yoga and its ability to increase quality of life. Int J Yoga, 4(2), 49-54.
- Diet and substance use recovery. (2014). MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- Cumella, E. J., Simpson, S. (2014). Efficacy of equine therapy: mounting evidence. Remuda Ranch Center for Anorexia and Bulimia, Inc.
- Case, C., Dalley, T. (2014). The handbook of art therapy. London: Routledge.
- What is art therapy? (2013). American Art Therapy Association.
- Smith, M. A., Lynch, W. J. (2012). Exercise as a potential treatment for drug abuse: evidence from preclinical studies. Psychiatry, 2(82).
- Roessler, K. K. (2010). Exercise treatment for drug abuse – a Danish pilot study. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 38(6), 664-69.
- How can massage help my health and wellbeing? (2013). University of Minnesota.
- Hatzigiakoumis, D. S., Giovanni M., Di Giannantonio, M., Janiri, L. (2011). Anhedonia and substance dependence: clinical correlates and treatment options. Front Psychiatry, 2(10).
- Van der Wall, E. E. (2015). Sauna bathing: A warm heart proves beneficial. Neth Heart J, 23(5), 247-248.
Verify Your Benefits at an American Addiction Centers Facility
The cost of alcohol or drug addiction treatment may appear to be an obstacle, but we are here to help. Insurance may cover all or some of your rehab.
Find out if your insurance covers long-term addiction rehabilitation.Check Online Now