Choosing the Top Exclusive Lorazepam Addiction Facility
Lorazepam is a medication that is most often prescribed as a sedative. It can effectively help treat anxiety issues in the short term as well as seizures. Individuals can get hooked on using Lorazepam as they desire the feelings of relaxation and euphoria rather than dealing with stress.
Many Lorazepam addicts experience denial about their addiction as they obtain the drug from a doctor. It is important to recognize that there are different ways to become an addict and different ways that Lorazepam addiction is defined, including:
Physical and Medical Symptoms of Lorazepam Addiction
If you read one thing about executive or luxury addiction treatment, read this. Click Here.
There are a number of different, physical signs that addicts can experience when they have been abusing Lorazepam:
- Individuals experience an overall sense of disorientation, and may be unsteady on their feet when they have been abusing this drug regularly
- Memory issues are common, with individuals unable to recall events that have happened within either the short or long term
- Abdominal pain and/or nausea
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blurred vision
Luxury.Rehabs.com is an American Addiction Centers (AAC) resource, and a leading provider in addiction rehab and recovery. If you’d like to know if your insurance covers Lorazepam addiction treatment, call us at +1 1-888-744-0789 Who Answers? or use our online insurance checker.
What Do You Do if You Suspect Lorazepam Addiction?
A professional interventionist can ensure that the meeting to convince them to get help goes as smoothly as it can. They will tell you what you should share with the addict and they will even encourage you to provide an ultimatum that shows they will lose your support if they do not get the help they require.
A benzodiazepine often prescribed for the treatment of severe anxiety, lorazepam has high potential to be abused and, therefore, a high potential to create an addiction in its users. It is for this reason that doctors recommend that the drug be prescribed for no more than four weeks.
How Lorazepam Addiction Starts
Lorazepam addiction can happen one of two ways: a prescription is given to a patient that includes a dosage or a dosing period that is far longer than necessary, or the patient abuses the drug with or without a legitimate prescription. Some methods of abuse include:
- Taking more of the drug than prescribed
- Mixing the pills with other illicit substances, including alcohol
- Taking the drug more frequently than prescribed
Risks of Lorazepam Abuse and Addiction
Some say that increased anxiety and insomnia can occur as a result of lorazepam abuse, after using the drug for as few as seven days. This means that the drug is highly addictive and that after a relatively brief period of time, physical dependence – if not psychological dependence – can be an issue. What are the risks related to addiction?
- Overdose. Benzodiazepines are one of the most common drugs of overdose after prescription painkillers.
- Accident due to negligence under the influence. Any number of incidents of bodily harm can occur due to choices made while high.
- Financial loss. Many people lose their jobs as a result of drug addiction and are unable to find another one as long as the addiction persists.
- Loss of relationships. It’s difficult to maintain functional and healthy relationships with others when you are living with an active addiction.
Don’t allow lorazepam abuse or addiction to overtake your life. If it’s causing problems for you, contact us today to find a treatment program that can help you get back to a life of balance. Call now.
Addiction Treatment Options
The above components of addiction treatment are common in a variety of different treatment facilities. The options that can be chosen from include:
Verify Your Benefits at an American Addiction Centers Facility
The cost of alcohol or drug addiction treatment may appear to be an obstacle, but we are here to help. Insurance may cover all or some of your rehab.
Find out if your insurance covers long-term addiction rehabilitation.Check Online Now