Upscale Drug Rehab
Upscale Drug Rehab
When considering drug rehab services, cost may not be a factor to some people.
Celebrities, doctors, lawyers, businessmen and other VIPs may think nothing of spending tens of thousands of dollars a month on drug rehab.
Upscale vs. Standard Treatment
Upscale rehab facilities differ from standard residential facilities in that they provide patients with extra amenities, including holistic treatment options and recreational activities.
They aim to let patients live a life of luxury during their rehabilitation process so that individuals get to focus on their addiction while also being pampered in first-class style. Facilities are typically located in desirable settings that more closely resemble a resort or vacation spot.
Upscale addiction rehab facilities often make it easier for you to feel comfortable during the course of your addiction treatment program. Many people find that they can get the most out of their substance abuse recovery program once they are completely comfortable in their environment. If you are one of these individuals, then upscale rehab may be the right choice for you.
What Happens in Upscale Drug Rehab?
Upscale rehabs require that you live at the facility for the duration of your recovery program as you receive a wide array of conventional and holistic treatment options. Your stay may typically range from 30 to 90 days, but it can always be extended according to your individual needs. While living at the upscale recovery center, you will receive the following:
- Intake evaluation: In order to create the best comprehensive treatment plan for you, a therapist will meet with you and assess the nature of your addiction and evaluate for any co-occurring mental health disorders. This will help to ensure that the treatment team designs a recovery program customized to meet your individual needs.
- Detoxification: If you are addicted to alcohol, benzodiazepines or some other types of sedative medication, medically-managed detox may be required order to safely and comfortably alleviate unpleasant and potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
- Individual, group and family therapy: Patients usually receive counseling in both one-on-one and group settings. It’s in these settings that you will learn and develop healthy coping strategies to be utilized in stressful situations while sharing your addiction experiences with others. Family therapy will help to rectify negative relationships and form stronger bonds.
- Aftercare plan: Your treatment team will devise an aftercare plan for you to follow upon completing your initial rehab program. Aftercare consists of any ongoing treatment that will help to prevent relapse.These options could include:
- 12-Step programs.
- Sober living homes.
- Ongoing individual therapy.
- Ongoing group counseling.
- Structured outpatient substance abuse treatment programs.
What Are the Different Types of Upscale Rehab?
There are two major kinds of upscale rehab facilities: luxury and executive. Neither facility type is inherently better than the other – simply, each caters to the needs of different populations looking for addiction treatment.
1. Luxury Rehab
Luxury treatment programs resemble resorts in location and amenities. They are often located in beautiful places such as the beach or the countryside.
Amenities at Luxury Rehab
There are many extra services offered by many luxury rehabs that aren’t typically found at standard residential centers. Examples of what may be included are:
- Private rooms.
- Fitness centers.
- Gourmet dining.
- Room service.
- Horseback riding.
- Spa treatments.
- Massage therapy.
- Art therapy.
- Fitness and nutritional counseling.
- Maid services.
- 24-hour security services.
Higher Price Tag for Plush Amenities
Luxury rehab centers are best for those who have quality health insurance or who can afford the extra amenities and resort-like atmosphere. The higher cost of luxury centers pays for the posh settings and lavish services offered. Insurance can help offset the cost of many services provided in these high-end facilities, brining luxury rehab within reach for those who may not be rich, but are willing to pay more for this type of treatment experience.
Despite the higher price, however, the addiction treatment and therapy received in luxury treatment is similar to the tried-and-true approaches found at other more standard residential programs. Rather, the difference between the two facility types is all about personal luxuries and comfort.
Rehab facilities that provide individualized, around-the-clock care may improve rehabilitation success outcomes for some individuals – particularly those with long-standing addiction or those with coexisting medical or mental health problems.
While both luxury and non-luxury rehab facilities provide 24/7 access to staff personnel, one added benefit to luxury facilities is that they typically have low patient-to-staff ratios. These low ratios mean you will receive more constant care and attention that may help maximize your recovery process.
For celebrities and others in the public eye, exclusive, private rehab programs offer the highest amount of security available. These facilities are located in far-off places, away from paparazzi and prying eyes. Security guards ensure that the patients undergo treatment in complete privacy, away from the public.
2. Executive Rehab
Another form of upscale rehab treatment is executive rehab – available for businessmen who want to recover in the lap of luxury while continuing to work limited hours. Most rehab facilities ban any sort of electronic device so that the patient can focus on recovery. However, being away from technology for one month, two months or even longer can be detrimental to a successful businessman. It may cause certain patients to lose their job.
Executive rehabs allow patients to bring technology with them and use it on a limited basis during their stay. Patients may also be allowed a private office area so they can focus on work for a few hours per day.
Amenities at Executive Rehab
Executive facilities tend to have many of the same upscale amenities as luxury recovery centers do, including:
- Spa treatments.
- Private rooms.
- Professional chefs.
- Private trainers.
Executive addiction rehab also offers the additional work benefits mentioned earlier:
- Internet access.
- Meeting rooms.
- Private work spaces.
- Private phone.
In this manner, CEOs and other executives can feel comfortable working from an executive rehab facility while still working towards achieving and maintaining abstinence. This option is best for those who can’t take the time off work while receiving intensive addiction treatment. These patients will have everything they need to stay connected without negatively affecting their careers.
Choosing the Right Upscale Rehab Center
There are a number of factors you should consider before choosing an upscale rehab center. Not everyone is looking for the same things when researching upscale recovery programs. Below are some things to think about throughout your search:
- Credentialed staff: Make sure to ask if the treatment center requires all staff members be credentialed in the addiction treatment field and if they partake in ongoing education concerning addiction and mental health.
- High success rates: The facility should have a high success rate. Be wary of centers that do not – or of centers that refuse to share success rates with you.
- Individualized treatment plans: Make sure to ask the upscale rehab facility if they do an intake evaluation in order to create a customized treatment plan that will fully address the scope of your addiction and any co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Dual diagnosis: Dual diagnosis refers to any medical or mental health condition that coexists with a substance abuse disorder. Mental health conditions may include depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, for example. Some upscale rehab centers specialize in treating co-occurring conditions and will provide you with a comprehensive and integrated treatment plan.
- Location: You will want to decide where you’d prefer to attend upscale rehab (exotic beach, secluded countryside, etc.) and if you’d like to travel far away or stay closer to home.
- Family involvement: Many upscale rehab centers involve the family in counseling sessions in order to repair broken relationships and improve communication skills. You may want to ask the facility if family involvement is a major facet of their program.
- Aftercare program: The facility should offer an aftercare program once the program is completed, or make thorough plans for you to attend aftercare services elsewhere.
If you need help discerning what type of upscale rehab will be best for you, call 1-888-744-0789 Who Answers?, and we can help you sort through different options available in your geographic region of choice.
Can’t Afford Upscale Rehab?
Although a few factors will influence the price of an upscale rehab program, it is generally more expensive than traditional rehab and may not be affordable for some people to realistically pay out-of-pocket. If you can’t afford upscale rehab but still feel that it would be best for you and your health, there are a few ways to finance your treatment:
- Crowdfunding: Websites such as GoFundMe and IndieGoGo allow you to create a campaign in which you raise money to finance your addiction treatment.
- Healthcare credit card: You can apply for a healthcare credit card, which typically has lower interest rates than standard credit card options.
- Loan: Even if it isn’t ideal, you can apply for a loan in order to pay for your upscale rehab recovery program. Nothing is more important than your health and happiness.
- Health insurance exchange: There is a state insurance marketplace available to you in which you can shop around for affordable health insurance and compare prices to one another.
- Medicaid, Medicare: Both Medicaid and Medicare cover the cost of substance addiction treatment, so if you are covered by either, call 1-888-744-0789 Who Answers? to find out if they will pay for upscale rehab.
- Health insurance: Some luxury or executive treatment programs accept health insurance. If you do have insurance, call us at 1-888-744-0789 Who Answers? to verify what your insurance provider will cover. If you don’t have health insurance, contact SAMHSA to discuss payment and financing options for addiction treatment.
If none of these options meet your financial needs, there are other non-luxury rehab options that still offer high-quality rehab treatment.
Other Non-luxury Rehab Options
Upscale rehab centers aren’t the only beneficial addiction treatment programs available. If you can’t afford luxury or executive treatment, there are many other standard rehabilitation options to choose from, depending on your individual needs. Some standard recovery programs are as follows:
- Inpatient: Inpatient facilities are residential rehab facilities that let you live at the center for the duration of your treatment. Treatment is typically 30, 60 or 90 days long – although the length of stay may be customized. Staff personnel are present and available around-the-clock at inpatient rehab facilities.
- Outpatient: If your addiction is less severe and you have obligations at work, home or school, this option may be best for you, as you can live at home while receiving treatment as it fits with your schedule.
- Therapy and counseling: Whether you prefer an individual or group setting, counseling can be beneficial in teaching you coping strategies and sober social skills. Addiction therapy and counseling are also often incorporated into both inpatient and outpatient rehab treatment.
- 12-step program: Addiction fellowships and support groups – such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous – are free to join. The only requirement is that you want to become sober. These groups provide you with support and encouragement as you work through your recovery.
- Alternative support groups: Alternative, non-12-step support groups include SMART Recovery and Secular Organizations for Sobriety, for example. These groups utilize an evidence-based, cognitive-behavioral approach to addiction recovery.
Find an Upscale Drug Rehab Center
There are so many options for addiction treatment that it can be confusing and difficult to narrow down the options. No matter what type of facility you are looking for or what price range you are considering, we can help you find a treatment center in your region that will suit your needs.
Verify Your Benefits at an American Addiction Centers Facility
The cost of alcohol or drug addiction treatment may appear to be an obstacle, but we are here to help. Insurance may cover all or some of your rehab.
Find out if your insurance covers long-term addiction rehabilitation.Check Online Now