Getting the Best Narcissistic Personality Disorder Treatment Center
On the outside, they appear to be confident and superior to everyone around them. On the inside, they suffer from a fragile self-esteem and self-image, and are easily hurt by the simplest criticism. This unyielding need for the approval of others and inflated sense of self-importance may be narcissistic personality disorder and could signify the need for mental health treatment in someone you love.
Contact us now to discuss the details of your experience or that of your loved one and get the help necessary to manage symptoms and move forward.
It can be difficulty to determine which personality disorder is the correct diagnosis when one exists. Many of the symptoms overlap. However, treatment for all personality disorders in the best exclusive treatment center focuses on helping the individuals to improve their social interactions and be more adjusted to the world, a treatment which is based upon psychotherapy.
Dealing With Narcissistic Personality Disorders at Home
There are things you can do to change your lifestyle at home that may mitigate symptoms related to narcissistic personality disorder – in addition to or before you start a full-fledged mental health treatment program.
- Learn about narcissistic personality disorder. The better you understand what you’re dealing with, the more equipped you will be to fight it.
- Get treatment of other co-occurring issues. If you are also living with a drug abuse problem or severe depression, make sure that you get the treatment you need for those issues as well. Symptoms related to those disorders can worsen your experience with narcissistic personality disorder.
- Stay focused on your treatment. If you’re enrolled in treatment, attend every therapy session and stick to your medication. You’ve got to work to achieve your goal!
- Mitigate stress. Learning stress management and relaxation techniques can help you to avoid triggers to poor behavior choices.
Signs of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
According to Psych Central, some symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder include:
- Dramatic and emotional behavior
- Exaggeration of your accomplishments and your abilities
- Acting as if you are superior to everyone around you
- Expecting others to praise you and your accomplishments
- Acting as if rules don’t apply to you
- Expecting others to make exceptions for you because you (or your case) is special
- Believing that if others don’t agree with you, praise you, and/or go along with your plans, that they are against you
- Taking advantage of others
- Prioritizing your emotional needs over those of other people
- A fragile self-esteem, despite appearing unemotional and cold to others
Treatment for Narcissistic Personality Disorder
There are a number of different components that can make up a complete and comprehensive treatment program for those living with narcissistic personality disorder. Some options include:
- Medication. There are no medications used in the treatment of narcissistic personality disorder but if you are struggling with issues of anxiety, depression, substance abuse or other issues, medication may be necessary.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. This type of therapy helps you to recognize that what you are doing that is unhealthy – and then replace that behavior with healthier choices.
- Group therapy. Working together with others who have the same disorder can help you to recognize your symptoms in others and better understand how it can complicate relationships.
- Family therapy. Living with you may not be easy due to the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder – and living with others may not be easy for you for the same reason.
If you are ready to find a mental health treatment program that can help you to take advantage of the different types of therapy and treatment that can address narcissistic personality disorder, contact us at the phone number listed above today.