Choosing the Best Private Inpatient Lunesta Addiction Treatment Center
Whether you're looking for upscale inpatient Lunesta treatment centers for yourself or someone you love, it's important to first understand the substance and its effects, as well as what treatment options are available. That will allow you to find a specialty rehab center to address that addiction. Our private Lunesta rehab advisors can connect you with the best recovery centers. Simply call our toll-free Lunesta helpline at 1-888-744-0789 when you're ready to get help.
Lunesta works to help you get a restful sleep by chemically binding to receptors in the brain that may have been out of balance. You’ll become drowsy soon after and be able to get a full night’s sleep without interruptions. Lunesta use, however, does have the warning of sleepwalking or other activities, which can lead to additional issues if not handled properly.
Typically, you see the best sleep results within the first two weeks of Lunesta use, as afterward, your body will adapt to the presence of the drug. Along with this adaptation often comes some degree of dependence, as you’ll likely feel different effects from being off the drug. Prolonged Lunesta usage is likely to provoke the most uncomfortable symptoms after you stop taking it. These symptoms usually relate most to withdrawal, and can be considered an indicator of Lunesta addiction or dependency.
How Lunesta Addiction Impacts Sleep
With abuse of Lunesta may appear to improve sleep in the short term, in the long term it can be harmful. This is because:
- Once an addict stops taking the drug, they will once again struggle with their sleeping habits.
- They will experience less “good” REM sleep.
- They may have more problems falling and staying asleep.
- The peak time for sleep may change.
Those feeling desperate to get some sleep early on may not consider the potential consequences and that can lead to more frustration further down the line.
If you read one thing about executive or luxury addiction treatment, read this. Click Here.
Signs and Symptoms
The problem with a medication like Lunesta is that individuals can’t stop taking it or they will find that they revisit their inability to sleep all over again. Further down the line, their bodies become tolerant of the sleep medication and they need to start increasing their dosage to get the effects they used to. Eventually, the medication will lose its function but addicts will be unsure of how to return to regular sleeping habits without medication. This is a harsh reality, but once individuals begin fearing the consequences of stopping Lunesta use, addiction is characterized.
In addition to feeling life will never be the same again if Lunesta use is stopped, there are some additional physical and behavioral signs that can characterize addiction. Withdrawal symptoms, for example, occur more commonly in those who have been abusing the medication, and these can include:
- Feeling drowsy and tired on a regular basis during waking hours and sleeping more than usual
- Feeling physically sick to your stomach
- Experiencing hallucinations in extreme cases
- Sweating despite the temperature
- Feeling irritable throughout the day
- Experiencing panic attacks
- Muscle cramps in the stomach and other areas of the body
- Seizures in extreme cases
- Rebound insomnia can also occur, which means that addicts have an increased inability to sleep as they ease themselves off the medication
- Sensitivity to the sun
- Changes in weight
- Frequent hiccups
- Increased blood pressure
Another risk of prolonged Lunesta addiction relates to your health. If you engage in sexual activity while asleep, you risk contracting a disease or even becoming pregnant if the proper precautions aren’t taken. If you abuse alcohol as well, you risk harming your liver and kidneys and increasing the risks of hypertension. Many of these risks are minimal when you use Lunesta as recommended, but when combined with other substances and larger dosages of the drug, the likelihood of occurrence increases.
You Know You are Addicted If…
Some of the specific signs of Lunesta abuse that you may recognize in yourself can include:
- The thought that sleep is not possible without the use of Lunesta
- Constantly telling yourself that you will take it one more night before finding another solution
- Knowing that you have increased your dose without the support of your doctor
- Taking it because you enjoy the feeling of sedation that it brings
- You worry where you will get your medication from next time as you have been taking too much and fear you will get caught
- You visit multiple doctors to ensure that you can get more of your prescription
- You feel more fatigued throughout the day
Treating Lunesta Addiction
Prescribed to patients who have a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep, Lunesta can cause serious side effects. Lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, headache, aggressive behavior, confusion, seizures – even the worst of these is nothing compared to the addiction that can develop when the drug is taken for too long, in too large of an amount, or non-medically.
If you believe that you or someone you care about is dependent upon Lunesta, don’t take the problem lightly. Contact us today to speak to an addiction treatment specialist and learn how you can effectively deal with the issue.
Lunesta Addiction: The Worst Possible Side Effect
Some who take the drug exactly as prescribed by their doctor will develop an addiction to the medication, but most often, those who end up with a Lunesta addiction do so because they abuse the drug. Some of the most common ways that this happens includes:
- Crushing the pill before swallowing, snorting or injecting it
- Taking the medication with other substances, including alcohol
- Taking more than prescribed
- Taking the drug without a prescription or a doctor’s supervision
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take Lunesta and not everyone will develop an addiction to the drug, but those who do should tell their doctor immediately and seek medical attention.
Find Help for Lunesta Addiction When You Contact Us Today
No one needs to continue to live with an untreated dependence upon Lunesta. Our counselors can assist you in finding the rehab help you need to deal with both the physical dependence and the psychological addiction to Lunesta. Call now to find out more.
See Related: Ambien Addiction
When you're ready to locate the finest in-patient Lunesta therapy programs, contact our no-charge helpline, 24/7 at 1-888-744-0789. Don't wait until it's too late.